These healthy Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies make a nutritious and grab-and-go breakfast that tastes like fall! This gluten-free and clean eating breakfast treat is made with wholegrain oats, cranberries, pumpkin seeds and honey.
In the 2 years since posting this wonderful recipe for the first time, it has quickly become the most popular recipe on this site! Mainly thanks to Pinterest! There is not much to be improved or updated on this post. The recipe in ON SPOT! I’ve remade them many times since without changing anything.
Even 2 years later, I still love the images – the lighting was awesome that day. These were some of my first food photos that I truly loved. Maybe I could take slightly better ones now, but the difference would be minimal. And I want to hold on to these almost for nostalgic reasons.
The only one thing this post was missing was a video! Which is hereby remedied. I am leaving the rest of the post and the recipe unadulterated for you below. I have never been a fan of cooking first thing in the morning or making any breakfast that involves a lot of prep.
And some days I am especially happy to have my breakfast already waiting in the fridge. I am not a morning person, still some mornings are harder than others. Like the morning after a night of my baby Olivia randomly deciding to wake up no less than 6(!) times for no obvious reasons.
Or when I went to bed waayy later than I should have either because I was working, binge-watching Netflix, or finishing just one more chapter of a book. It’s on those super-rough mornings that I could hug myself for having prepared some make-ahead breakfast like these breakfast cookies (or awesome overnight oats).
They are like having a bowl of yummy oatmeal with lots of mix-ins only without the bowl. The convenient cookie shape offers itself for breakfast on-the-go.
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN BREAKFAST COOKIES | FOOD RECIPES
- ¼ cup Spectrum® coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup rolled old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- ⅔ cup unsweetened, dried cranberries
- ⅔ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl warm Spectrum® coconut oil and honey (either microwave, inside preheating oven or on the stove top).
- In a large bowl combine both kinds of oats, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, ground flax, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- Add pumpkin puree, eggs and warmed coconut oil and honey.
- Stir until fully combined.
- Drop about ¼ cup sized scoops of the mixture onto a cookie sheet and flatten (cookies won’t spread while baking).
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet before moving to an airtight storage container.
You can find complete recipes of this PUMPKIN BREAKFAST COOKIES in leelalicious.com