This Death by Chocolate Icebox Cake was a huge hit! With layers of chocolate ganache, chocolate mousse and chocolate graham crackers all topped with chocolate sauce, you will be in a chocolate coma after eating it. 🙂
So you know what I don’t love? Jeans shopping. If I want to feel not so hot about myself, jeans shopping will surely do it. That must be why I usually wear my jeans until they start to have holes in them before I’m willing to go shopping for them again.
I did a little jeans shopping on Sunday and Monday and the experience was as expected. I tried on mountains of jeans and barely found some that actually fit. Seriously, why is it that every. single. pair. fits differently. I could try on the same size of jeans but because they’re different styles they’d all fit differently. Some big, some so small I can’t put them on.
What is up with that?
And then I find a pair that actually fits well and they come with holes in them. That’s the exact problem I was trying to get rid of to begin with.
Fortunately I was able to find a couple pairs. My favorites were from Express, surprisingly enough. They fit quite well.
Then I did some shoe shopping, which I sometimes have the same problem with. I love shopping for fun shoes like heels. I could buy those babies all day long. But when looking for the basics that I wear most of the time, it’s hard to find stuff I like that fits well.
I finally walked holes right into the bottoms of my favorite flats so I had to get new ones. I literally got the same brand and size assuming they’d fit just as comfortably. Then I wore them for a little bit yesterday and already had problems with them rubbing. Grrr.
I’d rather shop for cute dresses, tops and heels any day. I just don’t like to wear those every day. Darn it!
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE ICEBOX CAKE | FOOD RECIPES
1 14.4 oz box of Chocolate Graham Crackers
Chocolate Mousse :
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 8 oz cool whip (or homemade whipped cream*)
Chocolate Ganache :
- 11 oz semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips (about 2 cups)
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Chocolate Whipped Cream and Toppings :
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp cocoa
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Chocolate sauce (I used this one)
- Mini chocolate chips
To Make the Chocolate Mousse :
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and milk together in the bowl of a stand mixer, or with a hand mixer. Mix until completely combined.
- Add cocoa and mix until smooth.
- Fold in the cool whip.
To make the chocolate ganache :
1. Place chocolate chips in a metal bowl.
2. Microwave the heavy cream until it starts to boil. Remove from microwave and pour over chocolate chips.
3. Cover bowl with saran wrap for 5-7 minutes.
4. Whisk chocolate and cream until smooth.
To make the chocolate whipped cream :
- Freeze metal bowl and whisk for 15-20 minutes to get them good and cold.
- Remove bowl from freezer and add whipping cream.
- Whip on medium speed for a few minutes. Cream will initially bubble a little bit, then start to thicken.
- As the cream starts to thicken, add the cocoa and powdered sugar.
- Whip until stiff peaks form.
You can find complete recipes of this CHOCOLATE ICEBOX CAKE in lifeloveandsugar.com