California Turkey and Bacon Lettuce Wraps with Basil-Mayo is a fresh and filling low-carb meal that comes together in minutes!
Hello, hello! How was your weekend? Did you do anything fun?
My Mom, Lincoln and I finally made it back to the Farmer’s Market on Saturday morning. We’d only gone once together this summer, way back in June, and were long overdue for a visit. It felt great to be amongst the crowds and hit up all our favorite stands again. (Please notice the adorable chevron dress the gal walking in front of us was wearing. Isn’t it cute!? Wish I would have asked where she got it…)
We also had a celebrity sighting – Governer Chris Christie was unexpectedly there doing a meet and greet and my Mom made a beeline for him as soon as we figured out who was drawing the crowd. One second she was next to me then the next she was hand in hand with the Gov. It was as if she’d seen a member of The Monkees (her fave) or something! That is to say, she’s a big fan. 😉
Crunchy lettuce leaves replace flour tortillas in this easy gluten-free lunch, dinner, or hearty snack recipe, which are layered with deli turkey, a 30-second fresh Basil-Mayo, cooked bacon, and thinly sliced avocado and Roma tomatoes, then rolled and sliced. These lettuce wraps are cool, fresh and made extra special by the California-inspired combo of sliced avocado and Basil-Mayo in the mix. The flavors are AH-mazing!
The original intent for this recipe was to create an amped up BLT, which I guess it still is, but I think this lettuce wrap with hearty turkey and bacon can stand on its own. Trust me, try a bite and you’ll be making it over and over again.
How To Make California Turkey and Bacon Lettuce Wraps with Basil-Mayo | Food Recipes
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 4 slices gluten-free deli turkey (I like Applegate Farms)
- 4 slices gluten-free bacon, cooked (I like Applegate Farms)
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 roma tomato, thinly sliced
For the Basil-Mayo:
- 1/2 cup gluten-free mayonnaise (I like Hellmann’s Olive Oil Mayo)
- 6 large basil leaves, torn
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- For the Basil-Mayo: combine ingredients in a small food processor then process until smooth.
- Alternatively, mince basil and garlic then whisk all ingredients together.
- Can be done a couple days a head of time.
- Lay out two large lettuce leaves then layer on 1 slice of turkey and slather with Basil-Mayo.
- Layer on a second slice of turkey followed by the bacon, and a few slices of both avocado and tomato.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper then fold the bottom up, the sides in, and roll like a burrito.
- Slice in half then serve cold.
You can find complete recipes of this California Turkey and Bacon Lettuce Wraps with Basil-Mayo in iowagirleats.com