These SUPER SOFT Sprinkle Pudding cookies are so so easy and loaded with vanilla flavor! Before you’re all, “yawnnnnn I’ve seen pudding cookies a trillionty times” stay with me for a second… I firmly believe in the value of a solid basic recipe. Basics are the recipes you make most often…
Of ALL THE BAKING I do here in my kitchen the recipe most requested and most baked is chocolate chip cookies. Certainly I am all about the special occasion dessert, I mean duh, but if I’ve learned anything from you nice folks it’s that easy, everyday classics are your jam. Those are the recipes you come back to time and time again.
So with that said, these super soft sprinkle pudding cookies will be a staple in your baking arsenal from this moment on. Trust me. They’re ridiculously easy, loaded with vanilla flavor, non-messy and did I mention sprinkles are involved? Yep.
Adding pudding to the cookie dough is a simple trick to amp up the flavor, but also to keep the cookies soft. Make sure you’re using instant pudding, not “cook and serve”. The coagulants in the “cook and serve” are different than the instant, containing a large amount of cornstarch. The texture will be altered and it won’t bake up as nicely.
I used regular old vanilla instant pudding… but you could really use any flavor you wanted to. Flavored pudding will add a nice subtle flavor to the cookies, like I did with my Butterscotch Apple Pudding Cookies.
HOW TO MAKE SUPER SOFT SPRINKLE PUDDING COOKIES | FOOD RECIPES
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, plus 1 yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (3.5-ounce packet instant vanilla pudding mix)
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the butter and sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add in the egg, vanilla, baking soda and salt.
- Mix until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Next mix in the pudding mix for 30 seconds.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- Finally add in the sprinkles and mix until incorporated evenly.
- Using a medium (2 tablespoon) sized cookie scoop drop dough onto the prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cookies are almost set.
- Don’t over-bake if you want super soft soft cookies.
You can find complete recipes of this SUPER SOFT SPRINKLE PUDDING COOKIES in cookiesandcups.com