I could come up with a story and an excuse for baking these bars, but truth is, there was no special occasion. I just felt like baking for the love of it. I did choose these bars for a reason though. Everyone around me loves cheesecake and lemon. I could care less for the both of them, I’m more of a chocolate or cake person.
When I was deciding on what to bake, I had a couple of limits. Whatever I baked had to be low carb and low sugar; Nick’s mom is on a no carb/low carb diet. I chose lemon because Nick’s dad sent me an email that contained just a photo of lemon bars, which was basically *hint *hint *cough *cough, bake these!
Sure, I could have made chocolate cake or something I like, but I didn’t want those laying around the house taunting me. I knew I’d eat the lemon bars like a normal human being, but a chocolate dessert would be gone…fast.
A couple of weeks ago, I posted Phyllis’s low carb cheesecake recipe and mentioned it would be really good with an almond flour crust and so that’s what inspired this dessert.
How To Make Lemon Cheesecake Bars | Food Recipes
- 2 Large eggs (1 added after the picture),
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour,
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon,
- 1/3 cup baking stevia,
- 1/4 cup coconut oil,
- 1/4 teaspoon salt,
- 1/2 tsp baking powder.
Lemon Cheesecake :
- 3 packages of 1/3 less fat cream cheese,
- 3 large eggs,
- 1 cup baking stevia,
- 1 tsp vanilla,
- 1 tablespoon of lemon extract or 3 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Mix all the crust ingredients together and add extra coconut oil if it’s too dry.
- Evenly distribute a pan with the almond flour crust.
- If I were you, I’d use a 2x larger pan than the one I used.
- Bake the crust for 20 minutes at 325 degrees
- While the crust is baking, prepare the lemon cheesecake.
Lemon Cheesecake :
- The filling was a little clumpy when I tried to stir it with a spoon, and so I threw it all into the electric mixer and whipped it up.
- Take the crust out of the oven and add the cheesecake mix evenly over the top.
- If you want a little extra, mix in a couple of white chocolate shavings on top!
- Instead of white chocolate, I added a little lemon zest to keep it low carb and low sugar.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- The edges will be slightly brown.
- Let the cheesecake bars cool in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours, until firm.
- Once they’re firm, cut it into bars.
- I used a smaller pan than should have and so I only cut twelve pieces, but this recipe is supposed to make 24 pieces.
- Mine were just extra big.
You can find complete recipes of this Lemon Cheesecake Bars in simplytaralynn.com