So you guys….are you feeling the Cinco de Mayo vibes or what? I’m on a major Mexican/Southwestern kick and it’s not stopping until Tuesday. Last week it was the round up, today it’s this sweet potato + black bean quinoa salad and Tuesday is going to be Margarita Green Smoothies.
So pretty please just indulge me…if only for the next few days!
Today though? It’s all about this salad. With chili roasted sweet potatoes, earthy black beans, nutty quinoa, crunchy lettuce and a creamy avocado-cilantro dressing, it’s got everything you need to make salad the star of your meal.
How To Make Chili Roasted Sweet Potato + Black Bean Quinoa Salad | Food Recipes
for the salad:
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (made from 1 cup dry)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt + pepper
- Lettuce/greens to serve
- 1 batch Cilantro-Avocado Dressing
for the dressing:
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup cilantro
- ½ – ¾ cup water
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Peel and chop the sweet potato in small, bite-sized pieces. Melt the coconut oil and drizzle it over the sweet potatoes. Toss to coat. Add in chili powder and sprinkle with salt and pepper, tossing to combine.
You can find complete recipes of this Chili Roasted Sweet Potato + Black Bean Quinoa Salad in simplyquinoa.com