I think we’re having the coldest winter of all. And when I say coldest winter, I mean 40 degree F weather. No joke. Californians are serious wimps in the cold considering we wear flip flops 350 days out of the year.
But this chicken soup is everything. Seriously, it. is. everything.
You have all your veggies in one pot, simmering away in all of it’s glory, swapping out traditional noodles for spiralized zucchini noodles (AKA zoodles), and then adding in a squeeze of lemon juice for that hint of refreshing goodness.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN ZOODLE SOUP | FOOD RECIPES
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound (3 medium-sized) zucchini, spiralized*
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add chicken to the stockpot and cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the stockpot.
- Add garlic, onion, carrots and celery.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in thyme and rosemary until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in chicken stock, bay leaf and 2 cups water; bring to a boil.
- Stir in zucchini noodles and chicken; reduce heat and simmer until zucchini is tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
You can find complete recipes of this CHICKEN ZOODLE SOUP in damndelicious.net