- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh shredded or grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Salt and pepper
- Set a large sauce pot over medium heat.
- Add the olive oil, chopped onions, celery, ginger, and garlic. Saute for 5-6 minutes to soften.
- Then add the chicken breasts, broth, carrots, apple cider vinegar, crushed red pepper, turmeric and 1 teaspoon sea salt.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 20+ minutes, until the chicken breasts are cooked through.
- Then remove the chicken with tongs and set them on a cutting board to cool.
- Add the broccoli, peas, and parsley to the pot.
- Continue to simmer to soften the broccoli.
- Meanwhile, shred the chicken breasts with two forks, and stir it back into the soup.
- Once the broccoli is tender, taste, then salt and pepper as needed. Serve warm.
You can find complete recipes of this Chicken Detox Soup in aspicyperspective.com